Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Just Loving It Here!

Hey guys!!

Hope things are great in America! I don't really have much to say since I got to call home yesterday....but I'll write for my fans. Ha-ha. K but first of all, my old roommates REALLY should write me...just a quick one! My sister tells me that someone is starting a business, and supposedly another got married but I don't actually know that for sure.  I know y'all have 3 minutes to send me an email!!!!!

Anyways, here is what we did this week:

1. We found lots of new people this week even though I wasn't expecting to find many because we already have lots of people that we are teaching. We found 15 new people to teach this week! Yay!

2. This morning we played soccer as a zone, and I scored 2 goals, real goals too. I'm more than proud of myself ha-ha.

3. So we had a really good experience this week. We are in the ward chapel where the mission office is, and because of that we always see the assistants, and one day we took them with us to teach some of their
neighbors that we are teaching, but they weren't there and we ended up doing something totally different and found 2 new families! I learned a whole lot from going with the Elders. They're professionals at this.  They didn't do anything at all special, but they just taught with and listened to the Spirit and BOOM! 2 new families! It was a great learning experience and really really made me want to learn how to listen to and teach with the Spirit better, like them. My comp and I are trying to do better at it, and little by little we are getting it, hopefully...

4. Marcela and crew are finally getting baptized!! We officially will have the baptism of Marcela, Angela, and Junior on Saturday! I am so excited! It should be a really good service. They really are such a special family and I'm so grateful that the Lord put them in our path.  This past Saturday we took Marcela to a Relief Society  activity, and she loved it and said she felt like she had a bunch of new sisters.  When we were walking home, she was telling us that she would have liked to be a missionary a few years back. I just told her that now
her mission is to raise 5 future missionaries, and she got really excited about that, and says that she hopes that all her kids serve.  How cool would that be?! Angela, shes 11, says she wants to go. Oh, that would just be the awesomest ever. They are just awesome and it's been amazing to see the gospel change their lives. Last Monday we had a Family Home Evening with them, taught them about FHE, and it was just a blast, and everyone was laughing their heads off at the game we played. They are just wonderful and have so much potential!

Well that's pretty much that. We are excited to see another great week, and are hoping to have lots of people progressing soon. I am just loving it here. Sure, I am sick of being hot and sweaty all the time. But for the most part it is so fun to be a missionary. I just know that our message is true and is the way for everyone to find
happiness. I love the Gospel, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Thank y'all for your support, and have a fantastic week!!

Love, Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment