Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm in a Slump!

Hey everyone!!

So I'm getting kinda lazy with my email writing, sorry...We have just hit kind of a slump here I think, so we are working through it and trying to find new people. What happened was that like 2 weeks ago we found lots of people and had some really awesome lessons with them, and for the last 2 weeks we have been trying to find them again and they haven't been available or now aren't really wanting anything. Jeez. We didn't have any investigators at church, which is the worst. The other hermana missionaries didn't have any either, so it was a depressing Sunday. Actually, no one in our whole district had anyone. But we are trying to get our spirits up to work hard this coming week!! We have to!

One of the fun things we did this week was celebrate the birthday of Angela, Marcela's daughter. We took photos but I can't attach them today. But it was really fun! We bought cake and brought it over. They weren't really planning on doing anything because they don't have any extra money, so it was pretty special. And they're such great examples, because before we sang happy birthday and cut the cake, they insisted on singing a hymn and praying. I wont lie, usually when there is birthday cake involved, praying slips my mind. They are great examples and it's been great watching the gospel change their lives. 

Other than that, this week was kinda rough. I've been telling my comp. Hermana Schroeder that we'd been having the easy life the first 8 or so weeks of her mission, and I guess we're done with the easy life now. Everyone who we found this week is really open to let us in and share a message, but love their own churches. That makes it hard. But we are trying, and we know that the Lord is preparing people for us to find and teach. I love being a missionary, even when it's hard times. I cannot believe sometimes how much I'm learning. I still have a long way to go, but I have just found such a love for the gospel. I know it's true and blesses our lives immensely if we obey the commandments that God has given us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and want to be a better teacher like Him. Have a fantastic week everyone, and expect better news next week!

Love, 
Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment