Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, February 20, 2012

My New Area......Ward Concepcion in Reu!

Hey everyone!! Hope y'all are well! Here's what Ive been up to:

1. So my new area is ..... ward Concepciòn in Reu! And my new comp is Hermana Alvarez from Mexico. My area seems pretty good, with its own challenges of course, but I'm really excited to be here. There is definitely a lot of work to be done here. Hermana Alvarez is really great. She was "born" here, as we say in the mission, shes been out 3 months, and I'm her 2nd comp, or her "step mom". Were getting along pretty well. We have very different teaching styles, so were finding a balance in teaching. Its a little hard to be a step mom because all my comp knows is what her trainer, her "mom" did, and so everything I do differently is questionable to her. But its OK, were figuring it out. Our house is pretty cool. It has a kitchen sink and 2 mirrors, so its pretty much a palace. ha-ha. 

Were sharing the ward with 2 other hermanas. They are in a little village outside of town that attends church in our ward. The ward is different, and I'mexcited to figure it out and figure out how to work here. 

2. So unfortunately we don't have any progressing investigators, we didn't have any at church. That's the worst feeling ever. I hate telling my district leader that we didn't have anyone at church! So were not letting that happen again. My comp and her trainer didn't really have any positive investigators when I got here, but we found a couple of people people who seem pretty positive and are excited to help them progress.

3. The big miracle this week was Blanca. Yesterday this crazy lady in a wheelchair flagged us down saying, "hey y'all should talk to me because Id like to get baptized and go to the Temple." Huh for real?? I thought the whole time that it was some kind of joke, but I guess its for real. Shes totally crazy,that's for sure, but she wants to get baptized really bad. We asked her why she wanted to get baptized and she said the desire was born in her heart (that phrase makes lots more sense in Spanish). So if all goes well shell be baptized in 2 weeks! I'm just waiting for the disaster to hit, because its never this easy. Well see what happens with Blanca this week!

So that's all Ive got for this week! With changes and everything, I don't feel like we did much, so I didn't have much to write. I'm sure Ill have more next week! And were going to have investigators in church, you can be sure. Have a fantastic week!!! Thanks for all your support and prayers!

Love, 
Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment