Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Kylie's Third Week in the MTC

Hola family and friends!!
 
I hope everyone is doing great, as usual :) My week has been crazy but pretty much the same as last week...sorry I don't have very many cool things to say. I fly out tomorrow! Isn't that crazy! Then I'll spend 6 weeks in the Guatemala MTC before I really start my service. So definitely in my next email I'll have lots of cool stuff to tell about.  I am really excited to be totally emersed into Spanish so that I'll hopefully be able to communicate alright after 6 more weeks. It is really amazing to see the progress that we all make here. There is no possible way that we could be learning so much without the Lord's help. I've just been working all day on packing and getting everything ready for tomorrow afternoon! I can't believe that tomorrow is the day!
 
I have one cool thing that I do want to share from this week though. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting in Spanish! Yikes! So in my branch (like a ward but smaller, the congregation, we all worship together on Sunday) all of us missionaries are given a topic at the beginning of the week and we're all supposed to prepare a 5 minute talk, but no one knows who is speaking until the Bishop announces the program. So everyone stresses about it all week. I spoke about repentence and specifically the importance of repenting every day in order to have the Spirit.  I was super nervous but it ended up going alright. I saw a little miracle for me happen from speaking. In my setting-apart blessing to be a missionary, I was blessed that I would have the ability to speak powerfully to those I teach with no impediment or barrier. Well, even though I can hardly speak Spanish, I was blessed to be able to share a very simple message that all my peers who are at the same speaking level said they could totally understand. What a comfort is was to see already that I am already being blessed to be able to communicate the Lord's message to his children in ways that I didn't really expect. That definitely boosted my confidence that I'll be able to impart messages about the Gospel to the people of Guatemala with the Lord's help.
 
I really don't know what else to share with everyone. Thanks so much for your letters/emails and support. It means the world!  Sé que Jesucristo vive y nos ama y nos quiere que venir a Él. Testifico que tenemos un profeta de Dios hoy. Testifico que Dios tiene un Plan por nosotros, un Plan feliz y bonito. Amo este obro y tengo gracias para mi oportunidad a servir.
 
Have a great week! I love you all!!
Hermana Gilland
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment