Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kylie's in Guatemala

Hola familia!! 

I made is to Guatemala safe and sound! I only have a few minutes to email today just to tell y'all that I made it. I'm so sorry dad that I couldn't call you! Apparently when you use a calling card on a payphone it takes off twice the minutes or something, so when I tried to call it said I had insufficient minutes. I'm sorry!!!
The CCM is super nice, much nicer than the Provo MTC. The food is delicious and our rooms and stuff are really nice. There are 110 missionaries here. There were armed guards at the gate mom, but it didn't seem too crazy serious or anything. One person told us that the pouch for pouch mail leaves once a week from SLC and from here in Guatemala, that's a lot better than what they told us in Provo. But then just now someone said that you in the states cant use pouch, only us... so I really still don't know whats best...sorry! It seems pretty confusing. But for sure the address for the Guatemala MTC in my missionary book is correct, but again I don't know how reliable the mail is yet. I'm really excited to be here! It is so beautiful here, so much green! We haven't really spoken any Spanish yet, I hope that changes. Oh and my p day is Wednesday, so you'll hear from me again next Wednesday!  I love you all so much and am excited to hear from y'all. At the CCM Ill still only have 30 min to email, so I will probably only write the one big email. I'm not supposed to respond to emails other than from my family, but I dont know yet if I can receive emails from others. Anyways, sorry this was so scattered! 

Love you all! The church is true!  

Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment