Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Kylie's Second Week in the MTC

Familia y amigos!
 
It was great getting everyone's letters and emails this week! I was just jokingly scolding y'all for not writing me tho ha ha, I TOTALLY understand that everyone is super busy :) Since I only have 30 min to email I prob won't get to email everyone back individually, but I'll write you soon I promise! I really appreciate the support from everyone, thank you!  (and please excuse my spelling, it's already going downhill with all the Spanish ha ha)
 
Anyways, this week has been crazy of course. The first few days I was here were like the longest of my life, but this past week has FLOWN by. I can't believe it's Monday already! This week we've been cramming our brains with Spanish. Mine is improving a lot, but when we practice teaching I still have a hard time speaking, I think because I'm nervous or something. But that's OK, it will get better. I really love Spanish and cannot wait til I can speak well. I can already pretty much have conversations, bear my testimony, pray, and function alright, but there is still SO MUCH to learn! I am realizing how much I need the Lord's help in learning more about the Gospel and how to teach and learning Spanish. I am learning so many great things here that are going to help me be a missionary and will help me for the rest of my life. It is very difficult for me already, but I am so glad that I'm here! Sundays are great here and I can really feel how much the Lord wants all of us missionaries to succeed! Its a great feeling. Last night they were playing the movie "The Testaments" (the one about the coming of the Savior to the people of Ancient America) and it was so exciting to think that that is where I'm going! Me and my friends started joking that we're going to the Guatemala Zarahemla mission (however that's spelled...) because that's right where all the Book of Mormon action went down! I am so excited to help those people come closer to Christ!!
 
Me and my comp share a dorm with 3 other sisters who are going to another mission in Guatemala and we have lots of fun together. I also LOVE my district. We've gotten super tight in the 11 ish days I've been here. The elders are great and want to work really hard, so I don't have to be too bossy with them - jk ha ha. We'll miss them when we leave!
 
So me and 11 other missionaries fly out to Guatemala next Tuesday, the 19th! I can't believe that's here already! We'll be in the MTC in Guatemala City for 6 weeks. I am nervous but really excited to get there! My friend here, Sister Atkins's little brother is already at the Guatemala mtc and says that a few days of the week he has a native companion and a few he has an American. He also likes the food better :) The food here in Provo is getting rough ha ha. They have pretty good salads and so I ate one for almost every meal last week...now I hate salad ha ha. I think I'll eat soup all this week. I don't think I'll be gaining any weight here in the mtc ha ha.
 
Well I wish I had more cool things to write about! But we basically just sit in class and eat all day. I'm sure things will get much more exciting in the weeks to come!
 
(don't judge my spanish!)  Yo sé que nosotros tenemos un Padre Celestial y nos ama mucho. Sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y también es sus Salvador. Sé que José Smith es un profeta llamó de Dios y Presidente Tomas S Monson es nuestra profeta hoy, llamó de Dios. El Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero y podemos bendecir nuestras vidas.
 
I love you all! Gracias for your support!
 
Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment