Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Monday, January 2, 2012

My Companion Went Home!

Hey family and friends! 
I hope y'all had a great new years! I don’t have much time today but this week was full of obstacles like the holidays, my comp not wanting to do anything, extra meetings, etc.  So this week wasn't very eventful but here is what we did:

1.  Baptism last Tuesday of Noé and his son! This was really bitter sweet because it was a miracle that Noé was baptized, but so sad that his wifeConcepción wasn't baptized too.  We went with her on Monday to sure everything up, but she told us that she just wasn’t sure and had all these doubts. I about started crying, ugh, something just died in my chest when she told us that. I really hope that in the future shell be baptized so that they can do this as a family. I'm so grateful to have watched the change in Noé, he is really special and I hope he sticks with it!

2.  So I was going to write, “I have changes!”, but now I don’t even know. President told me last week that it was for sure that I have changes. Because my comps family came today (Monday) to pick her up, I had to be all packed and had to say all my goodbyes yesterday. So yesterday I got everything ready, but when we showed up at the office in Reu and one AP said that I didn't have changes, the other said that I did  but that I'm staying in the zone, who knows??? Agh I'm about to kill these elders. I swear, it’s another testimony to me that the church is true that even despite all the dumb things the APs do (and don’t do/forget to do), the mission still functions and baptizes. It is a miracle, let me tell you. So I'm in limbo right now, in trio. And there are so many wild rumors about what will happen and changes on Wednesday that I just have no idea. Oh well…

So yesterday I said my goodbyes to everyone. I have 4.5 months here, so I was really sad. I went out in my usual fashion, bawling. Ha-ha.  
Goodbyes are so hard for me! I have learned so much and grown so much here, and I will never forget these people. Oh I won't forget. But I'm also excited for a change, to meet new people, to get back to work (I just wanna work!!) I have no idea what will happen in the next few days but I'mexcited! I had some time (lots of time) to do some reflecting on things out here, and I'm just so grateful for these experiences and the things that I'mlearning. I'm excited that I still have so many adventures to come out here in Guatemala I love it!

I know that this is the Lords work. I know that the Gospel is true. I know that it changes lives. My faith in the gospel has grown so much as Ive watched it change people. I love it. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am so grateful for His sacrifice for me. I hope you all have a great week! Good luck getting back into the swing of school! Love you all!

Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment