Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Don't Think I Can Do Rats!

Buenos Dias familia y amigos!

I hope every ones week was great. Mine was awesome. Everything in Guatemala is going well and I'm loving it here. So we found a pretty awesome family to teach! They are Selson and Ani, and they have 3 young kids. Ani was just a random contact, but when we taught her for the first time, she really understood what we were telling her and there was a wonderful spirit in her home. The next time we taught, we taught both Ani and Selson, and Selson had tons of questions and knew a lot about the church and about Joseph Smith. They think that this is the true Gospel and well find out tonight if they prayed and received an answer. They're awesome. The Lord really is preparing people to find the gospel. I'm really excited about them and about a few other people we are teaching. My Spanish is coming along slowly but is better every day. I'm just really loving everything about my mission so far. Well, I do have one little thing I don't love. We were in the home of a less active this week and while we were teaching I saw a big, nasty, black rat race across the floor! Agh! And then I saw another one later. I didn't really say much in that lesson because I was a little panicked. I don't think I can do rats. I can do bugs and little mice, but rats are nasty.  Other than nasty rats though its awesome here. 

So I would really like to hear from a few of y'all...I can get emails from anyone at kylie.gilland at myldsmail.net (cant find the at sign on this computer!). So like my old roommates, when y'all are just chillin at the lib not studying, shoot me a short email please. I have no idea whats going on in your lives! And I don't have your email addresses so I cant email you first. I know yall are busy, so no worries, but sometime you should email me...also Hilllary you have no excuse not to send me a few lines about your life, I know all you're doing is messing around ha ha. Also, can Garen Murry please email me with the recipe for pineapple upside down cake in the dutch oven? I would really appreciate that!  I would also really like some football updates from someone please. Sorry I sound pretty desperate, but I miss y'all and would love to hear from you!!

I love you all! The church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Conference is soon and well be hearing from the latter day prophets and apsotles! I love being a missionary!!!  Have a great week!

Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment