Beautiful Guatemala

Beautiful Guatemala
Me with a random field worker. I love the knife!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tracting in Guatemala

August 3, 2011

Hola!

This week has been pretty good. I don't have too many cool things to share, but I'll try!
1. So the first cool thing is something that one of my teachers told me and my companion -- She pretends to be 2 different investigators and we practice teaching her, one investigator in English and the other in Spanish. She told us that we teach better in Spanish than we do in English!!! Wow! (I hope that doesn't just mean we're bad teachers he-he) That made me pretty excited about how my teaching and Spanish are going.
2. CONTACTING!!! We got to go contacting/tracting yesterday for a few hours in a little neighborhood here! It was so much fun! we took a bus (the buses are like American school buses, except with tons of adults crammed on) out to this little ghetto neighborhood. They switched up companionships a little bit so all of us newer missionaries wouldn't be out on our own, and so I was with another American who has been out 
3 weeks longer than me, so her Spanish is a little bit better. Anyways, we got to talk to lots of neat people and it was so fun. My Spanish was alright, I could understand most of what was going on and was able to hold conversations. It was amazing to testify of Christs love for these people and to explain to them about principles of the Gospel. We got their information to give to the missionaries serving in the area, and I really hope some of them are pretty interested. It was great. I absolutely cannot wait to get to do that all day every day, in only 4 weeks!  We'll get to do that again while in the CCM in a few weeks. I just loved going!  That's pretty much what's been going on here.   

 Yo sé que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es en la tierra hoy y que tenemos unprofeta hoy. Sé que podemos usar la Expiación diariamente en nuestras vidas. Sé que Dios tiene un plan para nosotros. Estoymuy agradecido por mi misión. 

I love being a missionary!! Have a great week and thanks for everyone's support and prayers!


Hermana Gilland

No comments:

Post a Comment